For a printable version of the September 2021 Garden Gazette Newsletter (which includes all content as listed below), click here.
OFFICES OPEN, BY APPOINTMENT ONLY - MONDAY thru THURSDAY 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Drop off documents and rent in the black box at the front of the office. Monday thru Thursday 8am to 4pm.
- Pest control will be doing Inside treatments in September.
201 SPRING GARDENS RD.
BIRMINGHAM, AL 35217
Nita Clark - Property Manager, Ext. 1102
Tammy Womble - Asst. Property Manager, Ext. 1104
Deborah Butler-Service Coordinator, Ext. 1105
Annie Thomas - Senior Center Manager, Ext. 1108
Global Fire and Sprinklers, LLC will be on property, over the next few weeks, working on the smoke alarms and the smoke alarm wiring.
Come join us. Play bingo for prizes on Sept.13th. Bingo will be in the center dining room at 9:30am.
COMFORT CARE BINGO
Belinda Dove, will be here to play bingo with you on September 8th in the center dining room at 10:00am.
Tamara Brown, will be here September 10th, she will speak with you about final expenses, and to answer any question that you may have. There will be refreshments.
9:00am Center Dining Room
NAILS BY ARLENA
Arlena will be doing nails by appointments. Starting Friday Sept.3rd and Tuesdays. She will be in the ceramic room.
Fridays 8am to 1pm
Tuesdays 8am to 3pm
The Alabama Department of Health is warning about scam calls that appear to come from a county health department number. ADPH said they received report of unsolicited telephone calls, some asking question about the recipient's Medicare coverage. The calls appear to originate from several different numbers, including a county health department number. State Health Officer Dr. Scott advises recipients of the fraudulent calls against providing any personal information such as Social Security numbers or addresses. The public is advised to hang up if they receive the calls.
The Spring Gardens bus is now making weekly trips. All locations will be on your monthly calendar, which is included in the Spring Gardens Gazette.
A sign-up sheet, for each trip, is located in the Center's dining room. The deadline for signing up is 1:00 PM on the day before the scheduled trip.
Any trip with less than 5 riders signed up, by the deadline, will be cancelled.
TRUE VINES MINISTRIES Worship Service
will meet in the dining room
(Every Thursday at 2:00pm)
ARCH WELL HEALTH
A representative from Arch Well Health will be here on September 16th at 10:00am. Arch Well Health is new in the Centerpoint area. Come see what they have to offer.
HOT LUNCHES ARE SERVED DAILY AT 11:30
PLEASE SIGN IN BY 10:30 FOR SEATING
Lunches are provided by United Way Area Agency on Aging. Donations, in any amount, are appreciated but not required. This is a nutrition program and not something you may "show up" to occasionally. Regular participation is required to receive hot, congregate, meals.
The food items, drinks, flatware and cups that are provided by United Way Area Agency are the only items allowed in the dining room. NO EXCEPTIONS. Condiments are allowed as long as they are store bought and labeled.
No one under the age of 60 years of age (unless it is a resident) is allowed to be present during lunch or participate in any other activity held at the Center during business hours. This includes children.
Policy on Foods Taken Away from the Center
Participants receiving a congregate meal shall be allowed to take home fresh fruit, unopened cartons of fruit juice; wrapped cakes, cookies and snack cakes, individually wrapped portions of corn chips or potato chips. All other leftover foods shall be discarded at the end of the serving day.
**Take only one serving of milk, juice, fruit, snack cakes & cookies with your meal. If there are leftover items, after everyone is served, you may help yourself to one additional serving. The milk must be consumed at the center.
If you would like to purchase an additional meal after everyone is served, they are available for $3.56.
Hot lunches are ordered based on the number of people that support the center regularly and are served at 11:30, on a first come, first serve basis. The lunch tickets are limited to the number of meals ordered for any given day. Be sure to sign in daily by 10:30 to get yours before they're all gone. You must sign in and have a ticket to receive a meal. Please do not sign other people on the meal list unless they are in the building. We cannot hold meals for people who have a ticket and are not present at the time lunch is served. No lunches will be served after 12:00. If, for some unforeseen reason, GA Foods is unable to provide food or the food is delivered and doesn't meet temperature requirements, we will provide a hot lunch from another source. Lunches will be provided, under these circumstances, to anyone signed up by 10:30 am.
**If you receive frozen meals at your apartment, you are not eligible to receive the hot congregate meals served at the Center Dining Room. (Based on guidelines of United Way Area Agency on Aging)
September 2021 Calendar
- September 1 - Ceramics
- September 2 - 12:15 pm - Bank/Wal-Mart, 2:00 pm - True Vines Ministries
- September 3 - Office Closed/Dining Room open 9-1, 8:00 am - Nails by Arlena
- September 6 - Labor Day - Center Closed
- September 7 - Inside Pest Control/Pink, 12:15 pm - Aid/Thrift Store
- September 8 - Ceramics, 10:00 am - Comfort Care Bingo
- September 9 - 2:00 pm - True Vines Ministries
- September 13 - 9:30 am - Bingo, 10:00 am - Ceramics
- September 14 - Pest Control/Blue, 8:00 am - Nails by Arlena
- September 15 - 9:30 am - Exercise Video, 10:00 am - Ceramics
- September 16 - 10:00 am - Arch Well Health, 12:15 pm - Banks/Dollar Tree, 2:00 pm - True Vines
- September 17 - Office Closed/Dining Room open 9-1, 8:00 am - Nails by Arlena
- September 20 - Exercise Video, 10:00 am - Ceramics
- September 21 - Pest Control/Green, 8:00 am - Nail by Arlena, 12:15 pm - F'Land/Dollar General
- September 22 - 10:00 am - Ceramics
- September 23 - 12:15 pm - Wal-Mart, 2:00 pm - True Vines Ministries
- September 24 - Office Closed/Dining Room open 9-1, 8:00 am - Nails by Arlena
- September 27 - 10:00 am - Ceramics
- September 28 - Pest Control/Yellow, 8:00 am - Nails by Arlena
- September 29 - Ceramics
- September 30 - 2:00 pm - True Vines Ministries