March 21st Bessemer Wait List Opens
Taking Applications for Public Housing
2 & 3 Bedroom ONLY at Terrace Manor I & II, Oak Ridge in Brighton.
Want to know more about these properties?
For property details, please click here. Then click on Communities, List View & scroll down to the property.
Applications may be picked up anytime between 9:00am - 4:00pm Monday through Thursday. You must call to make an appointment to return your application. Please click here to apply now.
Directions to Bessemer Office:
Take I-20/59 to exit 110 (Alabama Adventure Parkway), turn onto the Parkway going toward Watermark Outlet, get in left lane then turn on Prince Street (you will see a sign that says Designer Outlets), turn left. Go to the top of the hill to the "STOP" sign and turn right onto Little Drive. The leasing office will be on the right.
(In compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, Jefferson County)
- APPLICATION OPEN: March 21, 2022
- APPLICATION CLOSE: March 28, 2022 at 4:00 P.M.
APPLICATIONS TAKEN AT: Jefferson County Housing Authority (Bessemer Office) 4501 Little Drive, Bessemer, AL 35022
QUESTIONS: Contact Rowena Gamble at 205-426-8950 or click here to contact via email.
PUBLIC HOUSING APPLICATIONS Will be taken at JEFFERSON COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY
4501 Little Drive
Bessemer, AL 35022
Monday, March 21, 2022, and ending Monday, March 28, 2022, you may pick up a Public Housing Application on Monday - Thursday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Bessemer Office or print from the website jcha.com. The applications are for the following sites:
Terrace Manor I & II and Oak Ridge: 2 and 3 bedroom ONLY.
You must call to make an appointment to bring the application back for processing. At that time, you MUST have the following documentation WITH you at your appointment. All members of the applicants' family 18 and older must be present at the application interview.
- We CANNOT accept an application without proper Identification.
- Valid state driver's license, State ID or Military ID for each household member 18 years and older. (Copies are NOT acceptable)
- Original birth certificates for each family member (Copies are NOT acceptable)
- Original Social Security Cards for each family member (Copies are NOT acceptable)
- Marriage Certificate and/or Divorce Decree, Statement of Separation (whichever applies)
- Name and Mailing address of current employer
- Verification of current income- 3 consecutive paystubs (SS, SSI, TANF, Food Stamps, Child Support, Unemployment, etc.)
- Name and address of current childcare provider
- Correct names and addresses of current and former Landlords, for the past five years
***** NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED IF ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION IS NOT SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF THE INTERVIEW *****
Take I-20/59 to exit 110 (Alabama Adventure Parkway), turn onto the Parkway going toward Watermark Outlet, get in left lane then go to Prince Street (you will see a sign that says Designer outlets), turn left. Go to the top of the hill to "STOP" sign and turn right onto Little Drive. Go one block turn right for office.