January 2022 Garden Gazette Newsletter
OFFICES OPEN, BY APPOINTMENT ONLY - MONDAY thru THURSDAY 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Documents may be left at the front desk, during business hours, or in the black box at the front door of the office building.
- Rent may be put in the drop box outside the front door of the office building or the drop box next to the library door, during business hours.
Nita Clark - Property Manager, Ext. 1102
Tammy Womble - Asst. Property Manager, Ext. 1104
Annie Thomas - Senior Center Manager, Ext. 1108
(P.E.P RALLY) PEOPLE ENCOURAGING PEOPLE - BIBLE STUDY WITH KAREN
Weekly in the crafts/ceramics room. Tuesdays 10am-12pm.
FARMERS MARKET COUPONS
In mid January, 2022 anyone 60 years of age, or older, is eligible to apply click here for more information. There will be no one in our offices available to assist with this process.
TRUE VINES MINISTRIES Worship Service will meet in the dining room every Thursday at 2:00 PM.
The Spring Gardens bus is now making weekly trips. All locations will be on your monthly calendar, which is included in the Spring Gardens Gazette.
A sign-up sheet, for each trip, is located in the Center's dining room. The deadline for signing up is 1:00 PM on the day before the scheduled trip.
Any trip with less than 5 riders signed up, by the deadline, will be cancelled.
TBA COVERAGE SERVICES
Tamara R. Brown, Local Licensed Insurance Agent, will be here Jan. 20th. She will discuss life and health insurance, with and will answer any questions, you may have. 10am Center Dining Room
Come join us. Play bingo for prizes on Jan.10th and 18th. Bingo will be in the center dining room. 10:00am
HOT LUNCHES ARE SERVED DAILY AT 11:30
PLEASE SIGN IN BY 10:30 FOR SEATING
Lunches are provided by United Way Area Agency on Aging. Donations, in any amount, are appreciated but not required. This is a nutrition program and not something you may "show up" to occasionally. Regular participation is required to receive hot, congregate, meals.
The food items, drinks, flatware and cups that are provided by United Way Area Agency are the only items allowed in the dining room. NO EXCEPTIONS. Condiments are allowed as long as they are store bought and labeled.
No one under the age of 60 years of age (unless it is a resident) is allowed to be present during lunch or participate in any other activity held at the Center during business hours. This includes children.
Policy on Foods Taken Away from the Center
Participants receiving a congregate meal shall be allowed to take home fresh fruit, unopened cartons of fruit juice; wrapped cakes, cookies and snack cakes, individually wrapped portions of corn chips or potato chips. All other leftover foods shall be discarded at the end of the serving day.
**Take only one serving of milk, juice, fruit, snack cakes & cookies with your meal. If there are leftover items, after everyone is served, you may help yourself to one additional serving. The milk must be consumed at the center.
If you would like to purchase an additional meal after everyone is served, they are available for $3.73.
Hot lunches are ordered based on the number of people that support the center regularly and are served at 11:30, on a first come, first serve basis. The lunch tickets are limited to the number of meals ordered for any given day. Be sure to sign in daily by 10:30 to get yours before they're all gone. You must sign in and have a ticket to receive a meal. Please do not sign other people on the meal list unless they are in the building. We cannot hold meals for people who have a ticket and are not present at the time lunch is served. No lunches will be served after 12:00. If, for some unforeseen reason, GA Foods is unable to provide food or the food is delivered and doesn't meet temperature requirements, we will provide a hot lunch from another source. Lunches will be provided, under these circumstances, to anyone signed up by 10:30 am.
**If you receive frozen meals at your apartment, you are not eligible to receive the hot congregate meals served at the Center Dining Room. (Based on guidelines of United Way Area Agency on Aging)
Lashan Johnson will have clothing, handbags, wallets and much more, for your shopping pleasure. You don't want to miss out on this cute stuff!
Jan. 5th at 10:00 AM (Center's Dining Room)
Keep that smile on your face
For a new year is going to start
With all the cheer and all the grace
All your dreams and your wishes
Will get fulfilled in the coming year
May you get what you desire
Because it's time for a new year
Smile and do spread the cheer
Wish you a great New Year!
With love and blessings for you!
The use of Electric Motorized Devices ("EMDs"), which include Electric Wheelchairs, Electric Scooters and Electric Carts, has increased dramatically over the past few years. While the use of EMDs is necessary and reasonable for many mobility impaired individuals, EMDs present unique and novel safety issues. Because of these issues, many of which have been evident in our own property, to help ensure the safety of all residents and guests, and to avoid unnecessary damage to our property, our House Rules will be amended to contain the following rules regarding the use of EMDs:
- To help ensure the safe operation of EMDs, EMDs must be operated on "low speed" at all times.
- The only person authorized to operate an EMD on the premises is the owner/operator who, if requested, must provide a physician's verification of his/her need for the EMD; no one else is authorized to operate an EMD on the premises.
- EMDs must be parked inside the owner/operator's apartment or the apartment of the resident he/she may be visiting; EMDs must not be left unattended in the hallways, stairways, or other common areas.
- EMDs must be recharged only within the owner/operator's apartment.
- Pedestrians must be given the right of way at all times; ample notice must be provided before passing pedestrians in the hallways.
- Owner/operators are solely responsible for all upkeep and repairs on their EMDs.
- Owner/operators are responsible for any damage caused by their EMD in excess of normal wear and tear.
- Management is not responsible for any damage to EMDs caused by other owners, residents or guests.
- Use of EMDs in certain areas of the building and at certain times of the day may be restricted because of congestion in the hallways and common areas. Such restrictions will be posted separately on the bulletin board at least 24 hours beforehand.
- If an owner/operator drives an EMD in an unsafe manner, causes injury to other residents or creates excessive damage to the property, the owner/operator may be required to provide third party verification of his/her ability to operate the EMD in a safe manner. Continued violation of this rule may result in loss of EMD privileges. Under certain circumstances these rules may be further modified to reasonably accommodate the needs of individual owners.
January 2022 Calendar
January 3 - Closed
January 4 - Inside Pest Cont, 9:30am Exercise Video, 10:00am Bible Study, 10:00am Pinnacle Mall
January 5 - 9:30am Puzzle Day, 10:00am Ceramic, 10:00am QDS Boutique
January 6 - 12:15pm Aldi/Dollar Tree, 2:00pm True Vine Ministries
January 7 - Office Closed/Dining Room Open 9am-1pm, 9:30am Exercise Video
January 10 - 10:00am Bingo, 10:00am Ceramic
January 11 - Inside Pest Cont/Blue, 10:00am Bible Study with Karen
January 12 - 9:30am Exercise Video, 10:00am Ceramics
January 13 - 12:15pm Wal-Mart/Big Lots, 2:00pm True Vine Ministries
January 14 - Office Closed/Dining Room Open 9am-1pm, 9:30am Music/Oldies
January 17 - Center Closed/Dr. Martin Luther King Day
January 18 - Inside Pest Cont/Green, 10:00am Bible Study with Karen
January 19 - 10:00am bingo, 10:00am Ceramic
January 20 - 12:15 Thrift Store/Dollar Tree, 10:00am TBA, 2:00pm True Vine Ministries
January 21 - Office Closed/ Dining Room Open 9am-1pm, 9:30am Puzzle Day
January 24 - 9:30am Music/Oldies, 10:00am Ceramic
January 25 - Inside Pest Cont/Yellow, 10:00am Bible Study with Karen
January 26 - 9:30am Puzzle Day, 10:00am Ceramic
January 27 - 12:15 Wal-Mart/Fultondale, 2:00pm True Vine Ministries
January 28 - Office Closed/Dining Room Open 9am-1pm, 9:30am Exercise Video
ADSS Nutrition Program
January 27 - Menu 20
Salisbury steak with Brown Gravy
Parslied Mashed Potatoes
January 28 - Menu 1
Mixed Green Salad
January 31 - Menu 2
Diced Sweet Potatoes
Cherry Fruited Gelatin