June 14-16 ONLY Taking Applications for Bessemer Public Housing
Better Communities, Brighter Futures - Moving Beyond Expectations!
Taking Applications for Public Housing
- Terrace Manor I in Bessemer - 2 & 3 Bedrooms
- Oak Ridge in Brighton - 2 & 3 Bedrooms
- Terrace Manor II in Bessemer - 3 Bedrooms
Want to know more about these properties?
Property details online at JCHA.com then click on Communities,
List View & scroll down to the property.
APPLICATION OPEN: JUNE 14, 2021
APPLICATION CLOSE: JUNE 16, 2021
Application Taken At:
Jefferson County Housing Authority
4501 Little Drive
Bessemer, AL 35022
An application can be downloaded and printed from our website at jcha.com/apply-now or picked up Monday - Wednesday (7:30am-4:00pm) at the Bessemer Office. You must call 205-426-8950 to make an appointment to return your completed application. At this time, You must have an appointment to be seen in the office.
Items Needed for Appointment/Interview:
You will have to call to make an appointment to bring the application back for processing. At that time, you MUST have the following documentation and bring them WITH you to your appointment. All members of the applicant's family 18 and old MUST be present at the application interview.
- We CANNOT accept an application without proper identification.
- Valid state driver's license, State ID or Military ID for each household member 18 years and older (Copies are NOT acceptable).
- Original birth certificate for each family member (Copies are NOT acceptable).
- Original Social Security Card for each family member (Copies are NOT acceptable).
- Marriage Certificate and/or Divorce Decree, Statement of Separation (whichever applies).
- Name and mailing address of current employer.
- Verification of current income - 3 consecutive paystubs (SS, SSI, TANF, Food Stamps, Child Support, Unemployment, etc.).
- Name and address of current childcare provider.
- Correct name and address of current and former Landlord(s), for the past five years.
**NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED IF ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION IS NOT SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF THE INTERVIEW ****
Your appointment will be rescheduled.
Directions to Bessemer Office:
Take I-20/59 to exit 110 (Alabama Adventure Parkway) turn onto the Parkway going toward Watermark Outlet get in left lane then turn on Prince Street (you will see a sign that says Designer Outlets) turn left. Go to the top of the hill to the "STOP" sign and turn right onto Little Drive. The leasing office will be on the right.
Date of Notice 06/07/2021
3700 Industrial Parkway, Birmingham, Alabama 35217