Deputy Executive Director
Deputy Executive Director
Jefferson County Housing Authority
3700 Industrial Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35217
$88,088 - $132,142
Announced: March 3, 2021
Closing: Open till filled.
Application review will begin March 23, 2021
Summary of Job Duties
Serve as the head of the Property Management Department and assistant to the Executive Director. Oversee housing, and Family Self Sufficiency (FSS) programs of the Authority. Responsible, directly or through subordinate supervisors, for application processing, property leasing/management, maintenance of properties, construction projects, voucher programs and FSS. Establish policies and procedures for the property management departments to achieve goals and meet or exceed HUD standards. Evaluate accomplishments through the review of routine and special reports. Assist in the formulation of plans and programs, evaluation of existing programs, and establishment of organization goals, represent the authority in the community, with HUD, local government agencies, and with other groups and agencies, and fill in for the Executive Director, as needed.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration, social sciences, accounting, finance, management, or related field plus 5 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience in public housing administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's Degree preferred
- Public Housing Manager Certification (May be obtained within 6 months of hiring)
- Valid Driving License
- Ability to be insured under the Authority's vehicle policy
How to Apply
Interested individuals should:
- Fill out & submit an application (located on our Careers page)
- Please make sure to also supply answers the additional questions below
- Applicants may also submit a resume, if they choose to do so
- Email all to Human Resources, or mail to HR Director, 3700 Industrial Parkway, Birmingham, AL 35217.
Drug Free Workplace, EOE
Additional Questions - please supply answers to these additional questions when you submit your application.
1. High School or GED
2. Bachelor's Degree (include Major/Minor)
3. Master's Degree (include Major)
4. Licenses/Certifications (please specify)
Provide responses to the following and state the length of time you performed the job duties and your employer.
5. Describe your experience with Public Housing Programs, your role, number of people supervised, size of the program.
6. Describe your experience with Section 8 Programs, your role, number of people supervised, size of the program, etc.
7. Describe your experience with FSS Programs, your role, number of people supervised, size of the program, mandatory slots, etc.
8. Describe your experience with special voucher programs, such as VASH, Continuum of care, project based, HOME, etc.
9. Describe your experience dealing with a non-profit
10. Describe your experience in formulating the 5-year plan, updates, HUD reporting, Section 3, etc.
11. Describe any other experience that may be relevant, such as multi-family, RAD conversion, Tax Credit, etc.